Here’s a dish that provides a big payoff for very little effort. It takes about five minutes to throw this salad together, and the combination of peppers, peaches, and arugula is simply beautiful. Serve it in a wide bowl to show off its good looks.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 10 cups arugula
- 5 medium ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 2 yellow or orange bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, peaches, bell peppers, and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the arugula mixture, toss, and serve.
Text excerpted from EATING CLEAN, © 2016 by AMIE VALPONE. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved. Visit Amie's new website at AmieValpone.com or follow @AmieValpone for more healthy recipes.