Add this protein and veggie packed mix into your salad rotation
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 package turkey tenderloins (1.25 pounds)
- 1 cup farro, uncooked
- 4 cups leaf lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups mixed vegetables (bell pepper, cucumber, onion, tomato)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup hummus (spicy or regular)
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag and shake well to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade and grill over medium heat for 8-10 minutes per side (or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F).
- Cook farro according to package instructions.
- Combine chopped vegetables with feta and mix well.
- Mix lettuce and spinach together and divide between 4 large bowls. Add 1/4 of the farro to each bowl. Top each bowl with 3/4 cup of vegetable mixture.
- Once turkey is cooled, slice and divide among salads.
For optional dressing: slowly add water to hummus and mix well until hummus reaches a pourable consistency or use your favorite dressing.
This recipe has been shared courtesy of The Lean Green Bean. Click here to view the original recipe. Image by The Lean Green Bean.